At some point car battery needs replacement.
- According to mechanics car batteries are intended to serve for 2 to 5 years.
- This depends on battery type, vehicle, climate, and driving habits.
Even if you choose the best car battery brand for replacement its cost will depend on many factors.
- Wet cell batteries are cheaper
- Calcium-calcium batteries need care in charging.
- VRLA technology uses safety valves to eliminate fluid loss issue, so drives price up.
- Deep cell batteries are durable and pricey.
- Lithium ion batteries are the most expensive types used for high performance cars.
Other factors which impact the cost
- You can check into the car’s manufacturer manual.
- It represent the time battery is capable to supply voltage in case alternator fails or belt breaks.
- High reserve capacity means more it will cost.
Amp hour capacity
- Amp hour capacity indicates the amount of energy battery delivers over time span of twenty hours at 80 ° without collapsing down to 10.5 V.
- High amp hour’s increases battery cost.
- Cold cranking amps determines how battery starts in cold climate.
- High CCA means more power is needed, which drains the battery’s starting power, in due course.
- High CCA rating costs more.
Battery installation cost
- Mechanic charges will depend on battery’s location and time taken for installation.
- You may be fortunate to get free installation, if battery is purchased from specific auto-part stores.
Make sure to take warning signs of dying battery seriously and start saving for replacement. Finally, choose the right battery!